Another new season bringing time to reflect on successes and the necessary developments needed for the future; and a quick update on activities for the summer term...
- I'll be continuing a weekly third stage dementia and end of life care programme at Mary Seacole Nursing Home on behalf of Green Candle Dance Company this term. This project has been challenging in so many ways and so joyful in others. It has brought humanity and what it means to respect and appreciate life in all stages to the forefront of my practice.
- I also begin a new project with Green Candle, Essex County council and Anglia Ruskin University leading on Creative Journey's, a project for people with dementia living in residential care. The programme involves research, delivery of the 30 week programme and mentoring of the fantastic emerging artist Charlotte Haddon.
- I continue to deliver on the regular classes programme for Chance to Dance at Royal Opera House and Dance for Parkinson's for English National Ballet, as well as leading GCSE specification workshops based on Wayne McGregor's Infra for Royal Opera House and family creative workshops for My First Ballet Cinderella for English National Ballet.
Dance for Parkinson's:
- I'm delighted to launch a package offer from Danielle Teale Dance which provides, coordination and set up, consultancy, training and mentoring of artists and delivery of high quality dance activities for people with Parkinson's.
- I currently work in collaboration with St. Joseph's Hospice on Dancing with Parkinson's Hackney and I'm delighted to begin a collaboration with Parkinson's UK Dulwich on a new class for the summer 2017.
- I will be delivering on a variety of introductory and advanced Dance for Parkinson's CPD courses and bespoke training and mentoring for artists in this field (details below).
- I will be leading the following CPD courses this term
- Dance for Health (Rotterdam), teachers education for dancing with Parkinson's - 3 day course: 29 April - 1 May
- Dance for Parkinson's Advanced Training (Glasgow) - 1 day course: 7 May for artists of Scottish Ballet on behalf of English National Ballet
- RE:Bourne, Overture Programme (Farnham) - 'The value of artistry in community practice' workshop: 20 May, for Overture 2017-18 cohort
- Dance in primary schools CPD for Key Stage 2 teachers (London) - 1 day INSET: 14 June on behalf of Green Candle Dance Company for THAMES Dance Consortium
- Dance for Parkinson's introduction workshop (Hertfordshire) - 1 day CPD: 6 July for BEE Creative and the Dance for Parkinson's Network
- Dance for Parkinson's introduction course (Leicester), People Dancing Summer School Course alongside David Leventhal of Mark Morris Dance Group: 25-26 July
An exciting term ahead!